Myers & Sons Construction is a Heavy Civil Construction Company. Myers and Sons specializes in, Water/Wastewater Plant Construction and Heavy Highway Construction, including Alternative Delivery Projects, such Design Build, Progressive Design Build, CMGC and CMAR throughout California, Colorado and the United States.
We are currently looking for an AP Specialist in Sacramento, CA (Natomas Area). This person must be detail-oriented and able to adapt to changing environments with strict deadlines. They must be a self-starter who can work well as part of a team, or individually, with great communication skills.
- Process vendor invoices, including distribution for coding and approval; prepare and process vendor payments; Research, analyze and resolve complex payment and vendor issues; Prepare vendor account reconciliations
- Perform the initial research of vendor bond issues and claim notices
- Administer and process recurring payments - Verify the accuracy of A/P data entry and payment batch output
- Assist in month-end and year-end close as well as the accrual processes
- Assist in the preparation of various reports including those related to audits, compliance and analysis
- Assist in the preparation of Form 1099 information and returns
- Understand all of the Company's accounts payable functions to facilitate the training and development of accounts payable staff
- Provide training for new staff and on-going training for existing staff
- Other Accounting/Admin duties as needed
- Minimum of 3+ years of A/P experience
- Experience with Viewpoint accounting software a plus
- Bilingual in Spanish (read, write, and speak) is a plus
Pay/Benefits Competitive salary depending on experience. Competitive benefits include health, dental, vision, matching 401k, and more. This is a non-exempt position.
Myers and Sons is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.