Myers and Sons Construction, LP is a heavy construction company located in Sacramento, California. The company focuses on concrete construction, including bridge work, concrete overlays, concrete paving, water treatment plants, pump stations as well as other concrete related projects and both for Caltrans and other public agencies. Myers and Sons Construction was founded and is managed by C.C. Myers. Myers and Sons is also part of the Sterling Construction Company group of families. For more information on our company please visit www.myers-sons.com
Myers and Sons is currently seeking motivated and dedicated employees to join our team! This means you will have a hand in some of the best Heavy Civil and Highway projects throughout the Front Range. With our innovative delivery methods, there is never a dull moment or a stifled idea around here! At Myers and Sons Construction we have high standards. We challenge ourselves to always do our very best and expect the same from all of our people.
We believe that everyone at Myers has opportunities for career growth here. We work hard to find, hire, train, and retain the most capable people we can. We then reward superior performance with bigger and better opportunities!!
At Myers, we encourage everyone to share their ideas as we look for new solutions to old problems. We train on and off the job to give those who want it the chance to reach their full potential. Each employee has the chance to help make Myers and Sons Construction more efficient, more effective, and more successful while being paid well and having access to top-notch BENEFITS!! We are an active member of the communities in which we do business and we know we have a responsibility to them. We are committed to improving the health, safety, and welfare of the people in the communities we serve.
The following position and requirements are listed below, and are available for immediate hire at the Non-Potable Pond Rehabilitation Project in the city of Brighton.
Responsible for personnel, equipment, scheduling, safety, quality control and completion of assigned projects on time and within estimated budget.
• Supervise and direct crew to assure completion of assigned project as instructed by the Project Superintendent and/or the Project Manager.
• Assist and direct crews to determine appropriate use of equipment and process to complete the job as safely and efficiently as possible.
• Perform equipment inspections, request maintenance and repairs as needed.
• Monitor crews and maintain safe working conditions. Complete daily logs, safety forms and timecards.
• Direct communication and coordination with project team including Myers personnel, management, owner, owner’s rep, subcontractors, engineers, etc.
• Minimum of 8 years' foreman or equivalent experience in Heavy Highway Construction and/or Heavy Industrial.
• Experience in proper excavations with an emphasis in deep underground utilities install. Experience in deep slide rail excavation system a PLUS.
• Background in reading plans and survey staking
• Ability to operate equipment including but not limited to the following: skid-steers, rollers, excavators, backhoes, forklifts, blades, dozers, etc.
• Gifted in “blue topping” grades for paving operations.
• Must be willing to travel as needed.
• Candidates must possess a strong work ethic.
• Work independently as well as part of a team.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal skills.
• Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
• Must be able to meet physical demands of the job.
• Must be willing to work some overtime as needed.
• $30+/ hour DOE (Plus Fringe Package- Including Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision, Pension, Paid Time Off, etc.)
• Company truck, Company Phone, Ipad
Myers & Sons Construction, LP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
Se habla espanol.